Book Review

Monday, 29 July 2013




Emotional Assault:
Recognising the Abusive Partners Bag of Tricks
Lisa Kroulik

I was very keen to review this book as I came out of a very controlling relationship 
just over a year ago. I wanted to know that other women felt like I had and had managed to turn their lives around as I am in the process of doing now.
The first half of this book lists the different tricks used by an abusive partner to maintain control in the relationship. The author gives real examples from the first marriage and I recognised so many of them it was scary.
The second half deals with leaving the relationship and what to expect once the decision is made. This section gave me hope about my life and my future.

"One of the hardest decisions you will ever have to make in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder"

I only wish I had read this book five years ago when I was so terrified to walk away and I urge anyone who is living in this dreadful situation to read this book.
The author described perfectly how you feel when you finally have the courage to walk away from an abusive relationship. 
A tough but excellent read.

Linsey xx

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply