A Born Worrier

Wednesday, 18 September 2013





For as long as I can remember I have worried. Now I realise that everybody does but I'm not just talking about the big life changing things, I mean everything! Sweating the small stuff keeps me going I thrive on it, I worry if I have nothing to worry about.

When I was a child I worried so much I made myself sick. Whatever the problem was would go round and round in my head and would get bigger and bigger and bigger. Nothing has changed really but I manage to keep my stomach under control.

In the past I worried about school work, test results and minor arguments with my friends. Then it was boys, my weight and were my clothes on trend.

Then 15 years ago a new focus for my worry appeared and I swear every day my son has been on this planet I have worried about him and he really gives me no cause. I do know that it is natural to worry about your child but when you don't sleep for 2 weeks because they are starting a new school then maybe things are getting out of hand.

My job has also been a constant cause for my worry. I have done the same job since I left school and I love it. I gained qualifications to a high level and I like to think I'm good at it. So why for 18 years have I been terrified I'm going to lose it. Even I know it doesn't make sense.

Currently I'm worrying about my sons exams, keeping my gorgeous tiny little puppy alive, being single for the rest of my life and the lines that are appearing on my face ( which to be fair is probably from worry). I also worry about my blog. Is it good enough? Will anybody ever read it? 

The sane part of me ( there is one honestly) knows that all this worrying wont change anything, what will be will be. I just can't help it and the people who tell me to stop it might as well be telling me to stop breathing. I'm going to end this post here because I'm already starting to worry that it's too long.

Are you a born worrier? What keeps you awake at night?







share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
4 Comments »

4 Responses to “A Born Worrier”

  1. I don't know about anyone else! but I'm ! i can worry about everything!

    Love, The mind of an exchange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment I'm pleased I'm not the only one xx

      Delete
  2. Lord knows I worry about everything conceivable. It isn't easy to be carefree, we are going to give ourselves aneurysms one day lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't easy and once you start worrying you can't stop. Thanks for your comment xx

      Delete