A Letter To My 16 Year Old Self

Monday, 9 September 2013

Dear Linsey,


                          There's so much I want to say to you I hardly know where to begin. Your innocence and romantic notions amaze me, part of you will always remain that way. 
You are so happy and have two parents who love you so very much. Try not to judge them so harshly, they are just trying to protect you. One day you will have a son of your own and will know how it feels to never want to let your child go.
In about a years time you will choose your career path and people will laugh , they will tell you that it's not for you. You will prove them wrong. 
You are going to meet so many people and go to some wonderful places. You will love like there's no tomorrow and you will hurt. But you will learn from the bad times.
Motherhood will come to you earlier than you expected but you will never regret it. Oh and please don't buy anything pink based on a feeling or at least keep the receipts.
I know you think you need to be in a relationship to make you whole but one day you will surprise yourself and be more independent than you ever thought you could be. 
One day you will be 35 with a teenage son and deranged puppy. You will have been in the same job for 18 years and still love it. You will single handedly decorate your house in your own quirky way. You will have fantastic friends who never let you get down. You will be happy.

35 year old you xx

Ps. Do not take that cigarette on your 17th birthday. It will take you years to break the habit.

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “A Letter To My 16 Year Old Self”

  1. Love this--wish at 16 I had a letter from my 30-something self! So much I would say. But I'm also appreciative of the lessons I had to learn to get to where I am. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete