Insomnia

Friday, 11 October 2013




For about a month now I have completely lost the ability to sleep. I have never been the best sleeper in the world but it's getting ridiculous. I am now starting to sleep in for work/school because I havnt got to sleep until 4, just 10 or 20 minutes but it's a mad rush and I feel like death.
Even after a 12 hour shift at work I'm wide awake. At 3.30 this morning I had been awake for 22 hours and still didn't feel tired.
I have asked myself the obvious questions. I'm not overly stressed, I'm not really worried about anything and I never have time to nap during the day.
I have stopped having caffeine after 6pm drinking camomile tea instead. So far this has made no difference. I also make sure not to fall asleep on the sofa on my days off as tempting as this is.
I'm at a loss as to what else to try as for me medication is not an option for me. Ideas anyone?



 

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
4 Comments »

4 Responses to “Insomnia”

  1. I go through phases of this. I just have a crazy inner clock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - try taking melatonin - it's the natural hormone your body creates that causes you to feel sleepy. Look up how to use lavender oil too - I have a friend who says it works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice I will look into it xx

      Delete
  3. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete