Workplace Bullying

Monday, 14 October 2013



This is a topic that is close to my heart as a friend of mine felt she had no option but to leave her job due to bullying. Now surely something is wrong if my friend is leaving the workplace and not her bullies so I did a little research.

- 8 in 10 workers are affected in some way by workplace bullying.

- 80% of managers know that bullying is occurring in their workplace.

- 19 million sick days are lost to bullying per year.

- Tribunal statistics rose last year.

Yeah, I was shocked too. I watched my friend go through hell. She did everything she was supposed to do, trying to sort things out herself before reporting the problem. Everywhere she turned she hit a brick wall and her managers only solution was to offer a transfer. My friend refused at first as she loved her place of work and asked if something could be done to avoid the transfer. Unfortunately nothing was done and she recently left the company altogether.

I feel that my friend was badly let down by her employers and it is my opinion that more should be done to ensure companies are dealing with bullying appropriately. Bullying in the workplace is not acceptable ever.

Have you ever had experience of workplace bullying? How was it dealt with?

Statistics taken from hrdiversity.co.uk







 

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
1 Comment »

One Response to “Workplace Bullying”

  1. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete